About 2-4-1 Hartford Public Schools
Since 2015, we have offered programming in partnerhip with various Hartford Public Schools. Recently we have increased our offerings and the number of schools we are serving, which now features a variety of programs aimed at enriching students’ educational experience both on physical literacy and social emotional development. Our programs are designed to complement the regular school curriculum, providing students with additional opportunities for learning and personal growth outside the standard classroom setting.
Our programs are tailored to meet the needs of our students and are offered at various times to accommodate busy schedules:
- Before School Programs: A great start to the day with engaging activities.
- After School Programs: Enrichment activities that extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Weekend Programs: Opportunities for additional learning and development on Saturdays.
- Summer Camp Offerings and Enrichment: Our robust summer programs ensure that learning and fun continue all year round.
For more information about each program, including how to register, please click on the links provided or visit our programs page.
The signature programs we offer are as follows:
- 2-4-1 TOP Self Sports
- Before/After School Sport Sampling Program with embedded SEL and Leadership Development
- 2-4-1 Fencing (Intro and Next Level)
- Our low cost, low barrier introduction to an Olympic sport that kids absolutely love
- 2-4-1 Girls Leadership (GLOW)
- Puts Social Emotional Learning front and center to help build confident, active young women who understand and appreciate the power of their voice and the many benefits of phyiscal activity!
- 2-4-1 Summer Camps (Enrichment)
- Blend the traditional 2-4-1 Sports camp model of sport sampling with TOP Self™ social emotional learning and character skill development.
- 2-4-1 Super Saturdays
- Take our TOP Self™ Sports school-based model and get playing for longer times on the weekend!
- 2-4-1 Coach Training
- Offered in patnership with our friends with from The Center for Healing and Justice Through Sports, this training can be customized for your community.
The HPS Schools 2-4-1 Serves
The following are a list of schools we currently serve and the programs we offer there.
Breakthrough Magnet School North
Breakthrough Magnet School South
2-4-1 Super Saturdays
Environmental Sciences Magnet School at Mary Hooker
2-4-1 Super Saturdays
Kinsella Magnet School
Noah Webster Micro Society School
MLK Middle School
West Middle School
Annie Fisher Magnet School
2-4-1 Active City Camp